Alan Harper composites
WHAT IS fIRST?
fiRST Technology Features
- Reusable up to 500 times
- Self releasing – No release coats required
- Cost effective after 8 cycles over consumable bags
- “Net Shape” Full perfect fit – even for complex shapes and undercuts
- Bag up in seconds, reduce labour bag up times
- Sprayable – Time saving
- Odorless – No solvents, no VOCs
- No Silicone contamination
- Safe for Aerospace application
- Up to 240 C service temperature
- Built in Vacuum seal
- Vacuum secure built in fittings
- As low as 4 hours from manufacture to production use
- Ideal for infusion, Prepreg and de baulk
Almost everyone will agree that there is a need to find an alternative to costly and wasteful consumable vacuum bags whilst still maintaining the flexibility of bagging film technology for infusion, pre preg and de baulk activities.
fiRST offers the solution in offering all that is needed to convert to a less wasteful and more economic reusable vacuum bag approach. A range of machines to spray manufacture the vacuum bags is offered to suite your budget.
fiRST system also offers a comprehensive range of vacuum bag accessories to ensure successful manufacture, vacuum secure and robust use of your bag.
After 42 years experience within the fibre composite moulding community involved specifically with environmentally safer closed mould production tooling the transition to a self releasing reusable vacuum bags became an obvious choice to develop. Based upon earlier rigid metal and composite moulds the fiRST system was proven to be the most economic solution to many of the earlier system drawbacks.
Vacuum bag moulds can be manufactured in a few hours and put into production the same day. If you are a moulder of composite parts for standard polyester frp components to advanced aerospace primary structures and wish to advance into a lower cost and cleaner production then fiRST is the way forward
GET IN TOUCH
Please feel free to contact us to discuss your next project
+44 (0) 1752 841 222
Alan: +44 (0) 7768 335 600
4 Gwel Avon Business Park, Gilston Road, Saltash, Cornwall, PL12 6TW